9.19.2009

His First Soccer Game

Was fun,
busy,

exciting,

and HOT.





#5 of the Patriots (or Eagles, I'm not quite sure which one his coach is going with but we won't get into all that) played his heart out and came SO close to scoring several goals. Looks like I'm going to have to do some research and start working with him in the backyard, which will be good exercise for me, right?

And as we were leaving the park, one of those orange kids passed us on the walkway...
I saw him smiling once he saw JR...
Not a sweet little boy smile...
And as we passed him, he did a thumbs down and BOOED my son.
Luckily, my son saw a friend from school, a cute little girl, and was totally interested in her.
I, on the other hand, saw it all and it took all I had not to correct that child and teach him sportsman-like behavior (this is the edited version of what I wanted to do).
Mister tells me I need to get used to it because that's just how little boys are.
Wow, really? I am not impressed and not sure how I am going to make it through years of sports with JR without saying something I shouldn't to some other persons child!
I'll let you know how next week goes.

2 comments:

  1. well now that is just ridiculous and I WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING!!!!

    i love the pic of him all hot and sweaty.....looks very serious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last one too!
    what a little punk that kid! geez

    ReplyDelete