10.31.2009

Craziness...

I am up at 1:53 am... what, you may ask, would one be doing at that hour.  Obviously I am blogging, my new obsession and favorite thing to do.
But let me tell you why.  For those of you who know me well, you know I love music.  No, I can not sing well or play an instrument, but I don't care, I LOVE MUSIC.  I do not leave the house without my ipod, if I happen to forget it, I return home when I realize I have forgotten it so that my day is not ruined.  OK, I digress.  If you know me well, you also know that I ♥ Phish.  My favorite band since high school.
Say what you will, yes I have changed a LOT since high school, but I still love most of the same music, at least the same "kind" of music (if there is such a thing).
ANYWHO, my favorite band of all time that I love, have seen countless times live, and would dream about seeing them live, broke up and went their separate ways several years ago.  Wow, I was sad and heartbroken, like they had actually broken up with me or something.
Phish decided to get back together this year and I got tickets to one show in Knoxville, TN.  It was great, fabulous, wonderful; I was a happy girl.
Then the boys announced they would have a festival Halloween weekend and finally announced it would be in California.  SAD.  I automatically knew I would not be able to go for numerous reasons, like my favorite son's birthday, being 7 months pregnant, watching my favorite son trick or treat, work, etc...  ahhhh, the responsibilities of being a grown-up.
This leads me to tell you why I am still up at 2 am.  Our lovely sirius station Jam On is playing the ENTIRE festival live, as it happens on the west coast in Cali.  YAY!!!!!  Wait, when am I going to sleep this weekend???  Oh, who cares, this is the next best thing to being there... kinda.  Still wish I was there, but at least I get to still do the special things with my boy and not have to use portopotties.  Yep, that's how I'm looking at it and I'm pretty excited about it all.
Please ignore any misspellings, typos, etc... I do not care, I am tired, and I thoroughly enjoyed the first night of Festival 8, even if I wasn't there.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment